Firstly ask these questions:
- Are your employees achieving your organisations goals and objectives?
- Does every position in your company have KPI’s?
- Are employees engaged in their role?
If it’s not written down, it’s not measurable. Here is how to do it:
Set your standards
Performance Standards (KPI's) - establish the organisational or system performance standards, targets, goals and relevant indicators to improve company practice.
Measure those standards
Performance Measures - apply and use our performance indicators and measures. You can easily measure monthly, six monthly and annual progressions.
Improve the Quality
Quality Improvement - establish a program or process to manage change and achieve quality improvement in your policies, programs or infrastructure based on the performance standards, measurements and reports.
Report on progress
Reporting of Progress - document and report the progress in meeting standards and targets and share that information through the process so your employee knows what they are doing well in and what they will need support in - Facts and data don't lie.
Quick and simple or formal performance reviews and appraisals.
- Probationary reviews (90 day periods)
- One-on-one review discussions
- Observation on the job
- Skill or job-related tests
- Engaging employees
- Survey of opinion of others who have dealings with the individual
- Psychometric tests